The data controller is Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Contact details for the data protection officer:
Information on how we process the data we collate
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a globally active, charitable service company involved in international cooperation. It works as a private sector representative of the German government to achieve development objectives that improve the living conditions of people around the world and preserve the natural environment.
For statistical purposes and to improve our service, this website uses technology provided by the company etracker GmbH, which evaluates and then deletes data. No other use is made of the data, and the data are not passed on to third parties.
Every time you visit a page on the CIM website and every time you download a file, information about the activity is processed and stored in a temporary protocol file. Before it is stored, each data set is rendered anonymous by altering the IP address.
The following information is stored for each page you view and each file you download:
- Technical details of the browser used
- Anonymous IP address
- Date and time
- Page opened/name of the file downloaded
- Quantity of data transferred
- Notification of whether viewing or download was successful
Temporary session cookies are used each time you view an individual page, to make navigation easier. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in your browser cache. Session cookies do not include any personal data and expire at the end of each session, or after the completion of a user survey, which is conducted as a rule every two years. We do not use methods such as Java applets or ActiveX controls that make it possible to track your browsing behaviour.
Postal addresses and email addresses that you provide when you make an enquiry or order information materials are used exclusively for correspondence or delivery purposes.
You have the right to object to data processing, to request provision of your personal data and confirmation of its processing, to have it rectified as necessary or to demand restriction of processing or erasure of the data. The data will then be erased.
Please contact our data protection officer at the address given above if you have any questions or complaints about this website. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority. The relevant authority is the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).
Collation of general data and information
Our website collates general data and information each time it is accessed. This data is saved in the server's log files.
The following can be collated
- browser types and versions used,
- the operating system used by the access system,
- the internet page used by the access system to reach our website (so-called referrer),
- the sub-websites used by an access system to direct users to our website,
- the date and time of access to our website,
- an internet protocol address (IP address),
- the access system's internet service provider and
- other similar data and information that can be used to provide protection from the dangers of attacks on our IT systems.
We do not use this data to draw any conclusions about specific users. This information is only processed for technical reasons to
- correctly deliver this website's content,
- optimise this website's content,
- ensure the permanent functionality of our IT systems and the technology behind our website and
- provide the necessary information for law enforcement authorities to prosecute in the event of a cyber attack.
We initially evaluate the statistics in this anonymously collated data with the objective of increasing data protection and data security to ultimately ensure an ideal protection level for the data we process. The anonymous data in the server log files is saved separately from all other data. This data is deleted after six months.